My weekend was one of those lazy, nothing too extraordinary weekends that I hide in my heart and savor simply for the fact that it was lazy and unextraordinary (P.S. I totally had to look up if unextraordinary was a word. And it is, so I win.)
Friday night you could find us celebrating my baby sister’s birthday at my parent’s house (19 years! Woo to the hoo.) which included some crabby siblings (ahem. BEN AND VAL) but a game of dominoes seemed to lift their spirits. Then later that night our friends Manny and Megan came to over. Yep, a little Maggie and Mike and Manny and Megan quality time. We like to call ourselves Quad M. Because we’re cool like that. (Don’t give me that hairy eyeball- I didn’t come up with it.) What started off as a game of Settlers of Cataan somehow became a game of Let’s Turn Our Significant Others Into Human Chairs. Sadly I have that part on video. Blame it on the Ro-ro-ro-ro-rolling Rock.
Saturday showed promising signs of Spring, so we decided to call up the Auch’s and see if they wanted to do this.
And they did. So we did. Best shrimp skewers eva.
After the sun went down and outside was too chilly, we snuggled up in front of the TV and the 4 of us watched The Young Victoria on instant netflix. I’m such a sucker for those period romantic pieces. In fact, I sobbed a good ten minutes after the movie ended while Loren and Mike laughed at me. Mmmph.
I spent Sunday afternoon catching up with some lady friends, always amazing, and then Mike and I watched the Academy of Country Music Awards last night. I know you all wanna hear my thoughts, ya?
- Dierks Bentley has a mullet.
- Jason Aldean rapping? I still don’t know what I think of this
- I def teared up when Darius Rucker sang
- I lurrrrrrve James Taylor and thought it was genius when he was paired with Zac Brown Band, but frankly JT looked like a deer in headlights until he actually started singing his own song
- Did anyone else think it was awkward that when Taylor Swift won entertainer of the year, she hugged Reese Witherspoon? As in, they both dated Jake Gyllenhaal?
Welp, onto another work week. This gal has a case of the Mondays.